How Firm Advice Personal Insolvency can help

How We Can Help

About Firm Advice Ltd

Firm Advice Limited was established in 2013 by Shelagh Marshall Personal Insolvency Practitioner (PIP) to provide sustainable debt solutions for people with problem debt. Shelagh is passionate about helping people to deal with their debt and enabling them to get back on track financially.

  1. Provide us with an understanding of your situation
  2. We will advise and recommend the most suitable debt option appropriate to your circumstances.
  3. We prepare the arrangement to negotiate with your creditors.

Personal Insolvency Practitioners (PIP’s)

Personal Insolvency Practitioners (PIP’s) are licensed by the Insolvency Service of Ireland (ISI) to make an application for a Debt Solution on your behalf.

Scheme of Advice for Borrowers

1. What is the Scheme of Aid and Advice for Borrowers in Home Mortgage Arrears?

The Government has put a new Scheme in place to help people who are insolvent and in serious mortgage arrears on their home to access free, independent, expert advice. A person is insolvent when they are unable to pay their debts in full when they are due. The Scheme provides financial and / or legal advice and assistance to people in this situation. The aim of the Scheme is to help mortgage holders in arrears to find the best solutions and keep them wherever possible, in their own homes.

2. I am in mortgage arrears, what can this Scheme offer me?

The Scheme can help you in a number of different ways. Panels of qualified and regulated financial and legal professionals have been set up. You can choose someone from these panels to give you the advice you need. The panel details are available on the website

Financial advice If you need financial advice, you can get a free face to face meeting with an expert financial adviser. The adviser can help you to work through your money situation and explain to you what options are available to help with your mortgage arrears. Where possible the adviser will help you to find a way to keep you in your home. The expert adviser could be a Money Advice and Budgeting Service (MABS) Dedicated Mortgage Arrears adviser, a Personal Insolvency Practitioner (PIP) or an accountant.

More Info